A downloadable game for Windows, macOS, and Linux
fantasy country simulator 2017
- Control the fates of a procedurally country by writing laws with a graphic scripting language.
- This is rather a prototype for the engine behind the game, than the game itself. Don't expect any gameplay, yet.
- reign is being developed actively. The next version is scheduled to be released on Friday, April the 28th.
Change & Development Log
2017.04.21 With new broken things, now!
- When the default port is occupied, reign now searches a free one instead of crashing.
- Experiments with a custom logging API on the JVM side as MDC of SLF4J and thread pools requires some hacks if being used in combination with Monix and a custom logging API is needed anyway for the JS side.
- Rewrote game logic in object oriented style. A purely functional approach appears to produce unecessarily complicated code and tons of hash map look ups. The advantages of easy serialization and beautiful multi-threading seem not worth the difficulties of modifying values and keeping object identity, even with custom lenses. Yet, I lack the enlightenment as a functional programmer.
- First draft for a genetic model, simulated organs and behaviors of creatures. As well as the concept of property.
- Worked due to vacation only 2.5 days on reign. Next update will be a little more substantial and a little more unit tested.
2017.04.01 Initial Release.
|Published||26 days ago|
|Platforms||Windows, macOS, Linux|
|Tags||Economy, Fantasy, Procedural Generation, Real time strategy|
|License||All rights reserved|
|Asset license||All rights reserved|
|Average session||A few hours|
- You need Java 8 installed on your machine.
- Unzip, then launch
reign.batfor Windows or
reign.shfor other operating systems.
- The user interface runs in a normal browser by calling
http://127.0.0.1:8888/. In theory any modern browser will work. In practice only Firefox is currently tested. The interface supports parallel access from serveral browser windows simultaneously.
- When editing nodes, try also the
Altkey, while clicking. Deleting various elements and moving connectors are currently assigned to them. The controls do not have much consistency at the moment.